so I got a Z

Royal Sierra

Long story short I got my friends 71 240z. Ive always been a 521 guy but it was too good of a deal. Basically a shell but its pretty straight. I want to swap a L28T into it with a 5spd. The L24 and L28s are basically the same engines right? Can I just bolt in a L28T? Im guessing those have some sort of ecu that has to be dealth with..I was just gonna get 2 bucket seats and wire the car up like a nascar and have everything on toggles since there is no wiring in the car. So can it just drop in?

Resampled_2013-08-28_12-32-18_155_zps438

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no, L-6's are close to the same with different heads and displacements of course, the L28ET will fall right into place the only difference is putting in the wiring harness and ECU. You will need everything so if you getting it from a parts car take everything as a complete engine swap. This swap is every well over documented so doing a search should help you find the answers you need!

Awesome thanks guys. I was gonna have it drivable. But Its gonna be a long time before I can get going on it. I figured its been done a few times but I looked on youtube and didn't see much. I've always loved Zs but never thought I'd have one. I cant wait to get it going and have it kinda ratty but fun to drive