Rx7 seats in Datsun 620

bluebird4200

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had success in installing Rx7 seats in a 620 pick up, and if so are there any pictures available? Shoot, anyone that has been successful with any other seats pictures are welcome as well. I need to get off that retched old ass bench! I  hit a speed hump and it sent me flying in to the roof hard! lol wasn't ready for that one! looking for any suggestions... Thanks!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on some of these forums that some people used Subaru forester seats... Subaru has some nice looking fabric in some of the older Impreza's, with plenty of support. I would think that they would be good choice if indeed they weren't to high, and I could sit far enough back.

Anyone had any such luck using Subaru seats???

Here's a really crummy pic that shows maybe 1/3 of the seat (only interior shot w/the seats)-

2013-07-12232810_zpsc03b7846.jpg

I think I had to drill rear bolt holes in the floor, and I just used extra long bolts (at a funny angle) with huge washers for the front.

Went back to the bench seat because I never got an arm-rest for the middle and for "camping situations" a bench seat is very nice.

IMAG0710_zps5b2ead59.jpg

Okay, I didn't get much feedback, but I appreciate what I did get... THANKS GUYS! I searched and searched for days on the web. NOT MUCH OUT THERE!!!! so I found some Miata seats locally for $100.00

I bought some sliders on EBAY for $50 ( free shipping) as the seats did not come complete with the mounts...My parts are stacking up..lol I need to get busy !

• Like 1

Oh no worries!!! All I could get good pictures of were the Miata seats. I may need to space the back of the seats up to make them appear to look like they belong, but that shouldn't be to difficult. I will post pictures when I get to the installation....On another note. Do you know where I can pick up a carpet kit for a 1974 Datsun pick up?

• Like 1