Nissan 720 4WD

72O

Replaced about 70% of the vacuum lines, plugs and wires. Cleaned the egr valve and carb. Runs like a charm. 

...and they will but owners think they are too complicated and start removing things and add problems. I think there is an unconscious belief that they are doing themselves a favor by doing this. The Z engines won't run any better and some of the equipment actually increases mileage. In the long run it is cheaper and easier to maintain the emissions system in good running order. Go figure.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and they will but owners think they are too complicated and start removing things and add problems. I think there is an unconscious belief that they are doing themselves a favor by doing this. The Z engines won't run any better and some of the equipment actually increases mileage. In the long run it is cheaper and easier to maintain the emissions system in good running order. Go figure.

I TOTALLY agree!!

My bone stock 720 (HAS to be in California) runs excellent and pulls 31mpg when I don't hammer it.  Disable the feedback system.... 14mpg. 

Note that any vacuum hoses with a colored stripe on them have an orifice in them.  To replace those, cut the hose open, retrieve the little restrictor orifice and push it into the new hose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...