Increased steering angle

I want to increase the amount of steering angle I have on my 610 by tightening down the bolts that limit how much you can steer in either direction on the steering arms. Will any damage occur to the steering box or anything else suspension related If this is done?

Checked the clearance between everything steering related full lock to full lock in both directions including tires and there is tons of room for adjustment

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a drifter thing, right?

The steering box does not have unlimited turning ability. Eventually the worm gear runs out of travel so there's a good reason for those stops. I don't know what would happen if your wheel hit some resistance at full lock and bottomed the steering gear out.

Thank you!!

Correct!

Do you think there is a tiny bit of wasted potential in the steering box? I'm not looking to go with anything crazy just slightly improve the steering angle to be able to U-turn easier and yes drift without hitting full lock so soon... I think shorter steering knuckles are the ticket since they add more angle but at the cost of steering effort (not a problem since I run tiny tires anyways)

more steering angle is always a good thing to me and doesnt always have to be associated with drifting.

its nice to be able to do a tight U without having to do a 3 point turn instead.