510/200SX Clutch Master/Slave Cyl Fittings?

edin

So I've been having some issues with my 510 clutch lines/fittings, and I haven't had much luck with searches. So i figured out what was making my clutch lose so much fluid-- the slave cylinder female port needed a flared fitting, and instead the line was inverted flare so it was sealing on a line instead of a surface. Also, the stainless line itself was leaking because i think the line was rubbing against the steering linkage or something. Anyway, the 200sx slave I replaced (it's got a dogleg) has the fitting at an angle so clearance isn't an issue. I'm running a hard line right now but want to go flex so it's not bending the metal when the engine's running.

what the thread spec is on the slave/master? All I know is the diameter is 3/16. I spent hours sifting through the back of parts stores trying to find the adapter from flared to inverted to make sure my hard line would seal but no one at the parts stores really knew what the spec was. AN? JIC?
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops and my original post said 3/16 diameter. I meant to say the only thing I know about it is that the label on the fitting just said 3/16. but that dimension doesn't really make sense for anything about the thread/taper spec.

Thanks y'all

So what's on the master cylinder end?????

Go to auto parts store with the hard line and buy a pre made length of brake line with the proper thread and flair that's as long or slightly longer. Make your own bends around a baseball bat and you're good to go for about $3.

When you get your flex line, just install between the hard line and slave. Done.

So what's on the master cylinder end?????

Go to auto parts store with the hard line and buy a pre made length of brake line with the proper thread and flair that's as long or slightly longer. Make your own bends around a baseball bat and you're good to go for about $3.

When you get your flex line, just install between the hard line and slave. Done.

I have my bent hard line in there right now and no auto parts store had any flexible hoses with those fittings nor could they tell me anything about it. So I was going to try to find the flex line online and run it from the hard line to the slave like you said. Does that make sense?

Flex line Nissan #26212-21000 about $30 was used on the 510/610/710/A10/S10/810 Maxima/240/260/280z car.  So tell those fat assed lazy pricks to get up off their stools and you want that number cross referenced. 

If nothing else use a brake flex line from a front disc brake.