vin # to ECM cross reference

wivrrat

Does anyone know how I can cross reference my vin # to the correct ECM for my pickup.  Its a 83, 720, Z24.  I need to replace the ECM and I don't think the one in my truck is the correct one.  The ecm in my truck now is A16-601-032, I found one at rock auto and ebay for my truck, but the number is A16-604-035.  Thx

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A16-601-032, nissan part # 22604-30W00, is the ECM for 83 720 4WD California Models built between January, 1983 and April, 1983.

A16-604-035, nissan part #  22604-62W60, is the ECM for 83-84 720 4WD California Models built between April, 1983 and April, 1984.

I can't get anymore granular than that; if yours was built in April 1983, it's a toss up.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully it doesn't say  4/83.   Of course, if it says 1/83, 2/83, or 3/83, it's still not good because that particular ECU isn't easy to find, being used for 3 1/2 months vs 12 months for the latter.  Don't know what the difference is, though, might be something to do with having or not having an oxygen sensor.  My '83 doesn't have one, but it's not a California model either.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I found the later one, but haven't come across the earlier one.  I haven't talked to nissan yet to find out if the two are compatible.  Trucks been running great with the carb selenoid out of it.  I will eventually get voltage to the selenoid to operate it.  Thanks for the info.

I finally ordered a ECM for my truck, hopefully it will fix my problem with no voltage to the carb selenoid.  My truck was built in 4/83.  Seems Nissan made two models that month.  I had to talk to a nissan parts department to confirm that the two ECM's for that month will be interchangeable.  He didn't think there would be a problem.  Couldn't find any ECM with my part #, but found many with the later ECM number.  Will keep the blog posted.