L16 Vacuum and Choke Wiring Diagram?????

confusion

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For '73 620 w/L16

Auto choke heater: Blue/White stripe... 12 volts in start and run.

Idle cut/anti dieseling solenoid: White/Blue stripe ...(same as above)

The base of the carb on the valve cover side has a vacuum port that connects to the distributor for the advance.

Behind the exhaust manifold there is a pipe in the side of the block. It should have a hose on it that brings blow by fumes from the crank case up to the PCV valve located on the intake manifold below the back of the carb.

This isn't all but enough to get you to the picnic.

For '73 620 w/L16

Auto choke heater: Blue/White stripe... 12 volts in start and run.

Idle cut/anti dieseling solenoid: White/Blue stripe ...(same as above)

The base of the carb on the valve cover side has a vacuum port that connects to the distributor for the advance.

Behind the exhaust manifold there is a pipe in the side of the block. It should have a hose on it that brings blow by fumes from the crank case up to the PCV valve located on the intake manifold below the back of the carb.

This isn't all but enough to get you to the picnic.

thank you datzen mike, what if i bypass all of it?? Will it work for now?

You could run without advance but it's so easy to throw a hose on there, and it will drive better. The other stuff I mentioned including the charcoal cannister and the warm air to the air filter snorkle (if aplicable) can be fixed later.

ok, so i get the choke all wired up and what not, block off all the vacuum, replace the fuel filter, etc. i fire the truck up, drive it around the block. Its running good, just has a high idle(about 1500rpm) then it dies on me. I check under the hood, the idle cut got disconnected, plug it back in, get the truck started, and now the thing still iles super high but if i try to press the gas bogs and will die. Any input?????? lol less than a week to get this thing going

Put a timming light on it and see wheres it at

olddat.com has the specs.

adjust the mixture and spped screw on the carb.

Is the accell pump working on the carb, Look into the carb and see if you see gas being squirted in the carb main barrel. I assume yes. since you said it drives around. But soem times if you punch it noting will happen except let alot of air in and no extra gas. those a BOG or the timming is so far off that you punch it it runs out of timming.

Maybe there is a crack in the manifold and soembody set the spped screw way up on the carb to keep it running.

idle jet is clogged. and the speed screw is set up to high.

A) is the mixture screw. adjust when you know you have a clean idle jet B)

B) is the idle jet. If u have the idle cut off typoe you still can oull it out and make sure no dirt in the jet.

webermixtureidlescrew_thumb.jpg