where to buy a legitimate weber?!

bryant2482

"38/38 and it wont need rejetted it will be plenty big for the z22 or z24 engine"

The point has been proven here and other posts, that it doesn't matter where you buy the Weber from, or if you buy the carb for your specific application, the factory only gets them jetted close enough.  I'd say something like 98+% of all applications will need some kind tuning or jetting to get the carb to run to it's full potential. 

Yes the 38/38 would be plenty big for the Z24 engine, but so is the 32/36, as we've seen here.  That has no bearing whether or not it will need to be jetted.  Specific application (the condition and setup of the engine) and elevation are the key elements that have bearing on whether or not the carb will need jetting.

In addition, Weber's whole reputation is one built on tuning and adjustment.  In fact they have a bad rap for people not being able to get them tuned in properly.  Which tells me, they all need to be tuned into the specific application.

Monk, for all your knowledge, I think your stubbornness is getting in the way of your rationale.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monk, for all your knowledge, I think your stubbornness is getting in the way of your rationale.

A little perhaps.

I would try to get the 32/36 set up first. If you're not happy (but I think you will be) you still have the option of a 38/38 AND you already have the jetting kit. For $300 I don't think any slight improvement over what you have is worth it.

I think I said this here somewhere but there is a tendency to always go bigger.... "Never over carb your motor". You will always be happier driving, wanting a larger carb that having one and wishing you had a smaller one. A smaller carb will, over all, be easier and more forgiving to drive. A too big carb is like a high maintenance girl friend, fun in bed but a fucking pain in the ass at all other times..

• Like 1