27 years

Ok, the day finally came to take the DMV behind-the-wheel test to get my license. The people there always look like they have a pipe up their asses, so I try to be nice to the instructor, but she just gets in the car with me, and tells me to go. Yeah I missed a couple of stupid points (30 in a residential, 5mph over; dumbshits deciding whether or not to cross the crosswalk, and when they decide to cross, I was inside the crosswalk.)but long story short, I passed.:)

Anyway, I got to go home, then pick up some paint stuff with my brother and drop some bills off with my mother. After that, I finally get to have some alone time with my datto.:D I leave, getting about 3 miles out from my house when the car wouldn't stop accelerating. I shifted into neutral, pulled over, thinking that the throttle cable, pedal, or spring came loose or got stuck, nope. had to drive it to the shop (garage) with it running at about 1/3 speed racing the whole time, probably wearing my clutch and my brakes the whole time.:mad: Turns out, the float pin (not sure if that's what its called, but I call it that) in the carburetor broke. I have to rebuild the whole carburetor:mad:, and not only that, I found that there is a few (3) small cracks in my intake manifold. :mad:

After working for 27 years full time for my grandpa, it had to die with me on my first day with my license. wonderful:(

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the day finally came to take the DMV behind-the-wheel test to get my license. The people there always look like they have a pipe up their asses, so I try to be nice to the instructor, but she just gets in the car with me, and tells me to go. Yeah I missed a couple of stupid points (30 in a residential, 5mph over; dumbshits deciding whether or not to cross the crosswalk, and when they decide to cross, I was inside the crosswalk.)but long story short, I passed.:)

Anyway, I got to go home, then pick up some paint stuff with my brother and drop some bills off with my mother. After that, I finally get to have some alone time with my datto.:D I leave, getting about 3 miles out from my house when the car wouldn't stop accelerating. I shifted into neutral, pulled over, thinking that the throttle cable, pedal, or spring came loose or got stuck, nope. had to drive it to the shop (garage) with it running at about 1/3 speed racing the whole time, probably wearing my clutch and my brakes the whole time.:mad: Turns out, the float pin (not sure if that's what its called, but I call it that) in the carburetor broke. I have to rebuild the whole carburetor:mad:, and not only that, I found that there is a few (3) small cracks in my intake manifold. :mad:

After working for 27 years full time for my grandpa, it had to die with me on my first day with my license. wonderful:(

you know why grandpa had a smile on his face when you took over the truck LOL.....stick a weber on that and be done I think pierce manifolds in gilroy ca still has the "smog" legal kits avail..

conrad

• 3 months later...

That sucks. i had to rebuild the carburetor on my 74 620 L18. Looks nice:D

Am I understanding this right: You are 27 and you are just getting your divers license?

If so, why did it take so long? If it's personal no worries, keep it to yourself please.

i think hes saying this grandpa had the truck for 27 years before he got it