cooling lines

sdsurf

I am trying to figure out all of the cooling lines coming out of the coolant intake and thermosta housing. On the intake one goes to the heater - horizontal - and one points up. Where does this go? (pics?)

On the thermostat housing I have a sender for the gauge and one other coming out between the bolts. Where does this go?

L16 out of a 521

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the intake where the lower rad hose hook up one will come staright up. This is the hot water line that goes to the intake. It will be a 90 deg rubber hose then to a metal lne tha goes across the front of the head to the intake manifold to heat it up so the carb dont freeze in winter.

The stat housing I believe ther were 2 types. One with a bypass U shaped hose that went from the lower housing to the metal hot water line.

I have both types myself when I had the stock type set up. I think I run the housing w/NO bypass and the straight metal line to the intake.

You reaaly got ot tell us where you live(temp climate) and if the head has the water passage holes. Then we can work around this or find a way you want to run this. Or just half ass something together to get theis running.

notice in photo the metal waterline painted yellow(click on photo to ENLARGE). There is no bypass on this water line so my housing will not have a hole outlet.

rightsidetruck motor_thumb.jpg

Haniz he lives in So. Cal where it does'nt get below 50 at night :D Mike heres the lower mount on my 620..you can see the smal hose connect to the metal line...

11-8fuelpump.jpg

just went & took a cell pic. Can kinda see where the other end connects to the Stat. housing

8-6radhosesmall.jpg

I also sent it to your cell :cool:

When i was running the Weber, the outlet on the L 16 intake was plugged by using a hose w/ a bolt & a hose clamp.

Glad you figured it out Mike. Hainz getting hatemail...no way :D Id rather be in the fan club..HaHa !

Me too..Wait a minute,,would I have to get a rising sun Tatoo to be amember in good standing of that Fan Club??