New Owner 93D21 questions newby sigh

Hi Everybody- piclked up a 93 D21  sitting for 6 years - its automatic trans  pick up an have a few issues not familir with:

the battery keeps dying and have to jump it :(

Tested the draw and with ignition off and neg term  to 12 v light then to neg cable  there is a draw for a few seconds then light goes out- not sure if got bad battery or something gets energised?  Computer?  

Used to have an old 77 years ago - fun and super hd pick up.

Topped the antefreeze and second time it started  it pissed out a couple qts ante freez but then stopped- I put some stop leak in the rad[ 1/2 tube but why curious it did that  its got 268K k's- no leaks now

thanks fr the help here and have a good one

love the truck and so does the dog

J

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a forum specifically for the Nissan D21  93?

Pretty quiet here.   Changed the oil  and put some water pump snake oil in the rad- seems to be wirking, gotta graese the ball joints and spray undercoat in the rusty fender wells

Nice strong engine - lots of torque and the box is huge!

The battery might have been the prob- replaced with t a stroonger ene- well see in the am if it was the right move

' have a rice day'

j

Hi--update- replaced alternator and rotton rad- what a job- the alt belt was too big so coldan tightnen it prop- got some bundge cords on it till nx time we get  n there, we replced a rotton brake line too, witing for rust buster to loosen adj screws in front to bleed better

So the battery is charging now whoopy- tired of jumping it

The negine has lots of oomph- sorry for spelling- my comp self deletes when correcting.

Used the truck to hual a load of firewood already from big dead pine fell near our place

It sure has good rear suspension , deep box w crewcab cuddy and I lijke the OD button for braking

still spryaing underbody rust  areas

Engine runs cool even thoug its been hot here and I put in cheap wally mart 5/30 oil

Bit of a squeel when turning left at speed- maybe the pads are down- gotta chk that

thanks for the tips and encouragement and have a nice summer

Jim

• Like 1

I wouldn't run 5 w anything in an engine unless up near Whitehorse. Too thin. A cool running engine could be the thermostat stuck open. They are cheap and easy enough to change and you'll need it in Nelson come winter. Fix any leaks and spend the money on some good antifreeze/coolant.... it protects the pump the rad core and the block and head from corrosion.