So I bought myself a 620

Keno

Made aluminum terminal covers at work today, water jet, bend, and there you have it. Just need to weld, and line with rubber and they will serve their purpose. I have rubber i can cut and glue, but was considering that spray rubber shit, anyone used that?

Here's the dimensions if anyone wants to make some

image_zpsfacd00da.jpg

Oh any my slave cyl came in today, just waiting on master brake cyl and fuel pump.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rubber spray? 

i assume youre talkin about plastidip or similar. 

and i would recommend it. its easy. 

what do you do for work? 

all those nice bends and cuts, i might have to employ

you to make some shit for me :)

Yeah that's what I mean, I keep seeing an infomercial for some rubber spray in a can haha that was my immediate thought.

I run a press brake, among other things in a fab shop. We basically take new excavators and beef them up with thhicker plate, and lexan glass, etc etc. I have this shit at my disposal and gt bored so I like to make things for myself on my breaks.... I mean you have to be boredif your going to make battery terminal covers out of metal :P those things were cut on our water jet which is pretty much the coolest piece of equipment I've used. That thing just defys logic sometimes haha.

Fml

image_zpsceff1e5b.jpg

I can't believe I just noticed the lack of bump stops and it looks like leafs were taken out. This is something I didn't even look for when I bought it... Noob mistake... I was just making sure the frame was straight and rust was under control. I didn't even look twice at the springs since it looks like a 4x4.

I also replaced my slave cyl, but as predicted air is getting in from the main. You can see it bubbling and my clutch is temperamental. After that and some new lines it will be good for a while, the clutch itself is brand new, which is probably why it wore the cyls out I imagine.

I don't know about that... my leafs are pretty bent out of shape because of it, I'm going to go with the 4x4 springs and 3" blocks, get new bump stops, and should be good without having to notch... And I shouldn't need a chiropractor every week, lol.