What is that coming out of PCV?

Alex Datsun

942630_10151718312909976_1665127416_n.jp

This shit never ends......Well with slight throttle my power is smooth up until about 2000-2200 rpm, if I keep my foot at WOT this happens a pool of who knows what starts pouring out the side of the block. Tested my compression which was dam good so no BHG, checked my radiator it was relatively clean but quite a loss of water. When I got to the engine oil it was quite milky and is the only place where the milky-ness is found......head warped? Its a E31 Block with a E88 head if it helps.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"checked my radiator it was relatively clean but quite a loss of water. When I got to the engine oil it was quite milky and is the only place where the milky-ness is found"

Guess where the water is going?  Blown head gasket if you are lucky, warped head more likely.  Hope it's just the gasket!  Compression would be good with a pool of water on top of the pistons.

• Like 1

Question 1 is why you have the PCV tube missing, since you're sucking all sorts of dirt and crap in having it open like that, plus it'll blow oil all over your manifolds once you fix the water in the oil issue.

But that won't matter too much is you've got either a blown head gasket (which may not show up on compression if the fire rings are still good) or a crack.  The blown head gasket MIGHT not have an associated warped head, but it usually does.  Crack could be a cracked head or cracked block.

Either way, an at least partial rebuild is now necessary.

• Like 2