Do i need shocks

lanechurch920

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing.. or almost nothing. 

if you lower the car upfront without relocating the mounts, the shocks become compressed and have less compression travel,

so you may blow the shocks sooner. 

The 720 is way easier to lower than the early kingpin trucks, the 720 front shock is longer than the 521 front shock, so when lowering the 720 in the front, try using the 521 front shock.

BTW, I have looked at 3 different shocks side by side at baxters, the 521, the pinto, and some other shock that was supposed to be short, the pinto shock was not shorter than the 521 shock.

Datzenmike is correct, the bump stop will hit before the shock bottoms out, but most cut or remove the bump stops to get moar loar.

I like the 720 setup, it is easy to cut out the existing lower shock mounts and remove the sway bar, then one can buy a much shorter stud/stud shock, and mount it in the sway bar mount hole, but the front end geometry is totally screwed up when you go that low unless you start modifying everything else also.

The pinto shock is made for a small car, it's hard to say how well it will work on a heavy 720 truck.

This is the best way to go with a 720, nothing gets screwed up geometry wise, it might not work with stock wheels though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belltech-Drop-Spindles-2-for-83-97-Nissan-720-Hardbody-2005-/281097183040?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4172b29f40&vxp=mtr