Dat Wagon! '79 810 Goon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make a spacer to fit but they also make them also the linkage has to be modified doesn't look hard, I had one but never used it and now that I'm talking about it I wish I would have kept it lol.

This is what it looks like and there's links as well that show detailed pics.

http://www.graytechsoftware.com/garage/product_details.asp?ID=1

Really it comes up for me every time hmmm.

Here's the spacer.

10699476504_385a5b7747_o.jpg

240sx 60mm throttle body spacer by Muerte541, on Flickr

It shows you how to modify the 60mm TB linkage to the 280z manifold, how to port match the intake and mount the TB to the intake all with detailed pics.

• 1 month later...

So haven't had a lot of spare time to mess round with the wagon, my daily has started to smoke so I'm trying to finish the motor in my other project so I can rebuild the daily's engine. 

However, I did finally come across the wheels that I wanted for the wagon.

They're called Walter Wolf Racing "Turbofans". I've never heard of or seen them, and the guy selling them (a buddy of mine) seems to think they're the only set stateside and can't barely find any info on them. I just knew when I saw them they were the ones.

1514555_10151885086968668_380917215_n.jp

Our meager info came from here:

1499488_10151868022983668_427031374_n.jp

and I did a really hackjob photoshop of a car with the wrong color but damn, I had to have them.

810wolfracingwheels.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I invoke the holy name of Pelor to pull forth the soul of this thread from the underworld - rise, necrothread, rise! Walk again amongst the living!

Lol seriously though. Been a long time since I've posted about this thing - progress is slow. I've been bouncing back and forth between keeping it. For now, I need a daily so I can sell my S14 to work on my Z32, so the wagon will serve that purpose.

Here's my work at fitting a twin-core aluminum radiator meant for a 280ZX. It works pretty well. Gotta custom up the hoses and use spacers/connecting brackets for some bolt holes but it's not terrible for a temp fix.

IMG_8254.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg