68 (or 9) sitting for 21+ years (lots of pictures)

95silvia

I use Baldwin oil filter but WIX is a good one. NAPA gold is good but over price, at least in my town. 

as for oil, a good brand name works or what ever is on sale. Not the cheap crap, use that on old lawn mowers or such.

since the 521 has been sitting for quite some time. I'd put the trk on stands and remove ALL the brake lines from the wheel cylinders. While the system is open, blow air through the brake lines to clear them.

Also would remove the master cylinder and dismantle and inspect the seals. If everything looks good, ( check the bore of the masters for pitting ) reassemble but make sure you use a little brake fluid to lube the seals so their not dry.  

NOTE :  clean with rubbing alcohol because it breaks down brake fluid and dries with no residue.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what filters do people use? I was thinking Wix... and what weight oil? 30 high milage?

Wix 51512.  I use 10/40, because I have a bunch of it from last year's flurry of "free after rebate" oil deals at O'Reilly and AutoZone.