510 front end on my 521...

How possible is it...?

I know anything is possible, but is it close?

Can i get some measurements? Hood width, length, height of fenders?

Maybe someone has fenders in the Sacramento area i can test fit?

I already have to redo my front fascia (thing that holds the headlights)

Just curious, im sure its not a direct fit obviously..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for sure the width of the hoods are pretty far off (the 510 is pretty significantly wider than the 521).  Beyond that though, I am not real sure about the fenders, nor lengths.  I am actually interested to see if anyone else posts side-by-side comparisons for you before I possibly get a chance to rope the husband into helping me do it in a reasonable amount of time since our 510 shit is all spread out.  If noone answers in the next day or so, I'll try to get some of this for you.  I have a feeling it would be a shit-ton of work, but could be interesting. 

Thank you.

If its wider than the 521 that's a good start... Even just getting the fenders to fit would open up a great deal of fiberglass options. (which i would prefer)

One thing to note is from my firewall forward is all 86 Mustang lol, with the 521 fenders and hood hiding it all... So im not apposed to making the frontend tubular..

This has been asked before, and the short answer is no. Even though the 510 and 521 look similar, they're not even remotely close when it comes to how everything fits together. I've owned 4 520/521's, and probably 7 510's, so I know both very well. It would be easier to make the 521 parts look 510-esque, than trying to adapt the actual 510 parts. But then, why would you want to do that, the 521 looks good as it is, and I think you'd devalue the 521 by doing that.

• Like 1

i figuired it had been asked before. thanks yellow...

acutally im not trying to "devalue" the 521... im mainly looking for a way to make use of the abundance of 510 parts available. i.e. lip spoilers fiberglass fenders, etc..

going in a track-truck direction with this vehicle, actually more like a racecar that can hold my quad/atv. i want the best of everything. lol

From where the cowl sheet metal meets the fender to the end of the fender mount rail is 34.5 inches, total length of the fender is 37 inches, total height of fender at the door gap is 25.75 inches, width of hood at the firewall is about 53 inches, & width of hood at front of fenders is 48.5 inches. There ya go, that should cover your 510 measurements. I took these from my 71 510, if that matters. :)

I'd personally just put the factory sheet metal back in place if thats possible though. Either way, good luck :) :) :)