Clock in a 510

Is there a harness in the dash for the 3 pin clock connector?  I horse traded for a clock and cant find where to plug it in.

Also this clock doesn't run.  hooked to power and nada.  suggestions on what to look for inside?  I hear its usually the winding mech.  Should I just take to a clock-smith and have them repair and calibrate, or just set to 4:20 permanently? lol.  If its something a clock smith can fix for 10 bucks I will have it repaired, but I already had my speedo done and it cost 200 bucks.

Mainly just looking to answer first question because power for the clock illumination comes from the 3 pin plug, and would like to just get power where im supposed to rather than splicing. Dont care the clock actually working but any info is good info!

pic cause you guys are whores

xsAy4Yh.jpg

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all tech help and always return the favor when I can.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did lol..why wouldnt they?

Also good luck finding a clock that still works, or keeps accurate time, mine in arts car keeps perfect time. There should be wires taped to the dash somewhere that fit it if i remember, but its been a while, all my cars have had the tach or clock already wired up.  And keep the white needles, way rarer than orange. 

Yes they did lol..why wouldnt they?

Also good luck finding a clock that still works, or keeps accurate time, mine in arts car keeps perfect time. There should be wires taped to the dash somewhere that fit it if i remember, but its been a while, all my cars have had the tach or clock already wired up.  And keep the white needles, way rarer than orange. 

More like I dont think I have ever SEEN one. White needle speedos, tachs and clocks  only came in 1970 510's right?

I believe there is a 3 pin connector wrapped with some tape on the instrument panel main harness. I think this connector powers the tach or clock. My 1970 had the connector and I used it for my tach. I seem to think it may have been wrapped in blue tape. I can't remember what the 3 pins were but I would speculate that they are illumination power, key on power and ground.

Here is a partial diagram of the 3 pin on the car side...

Looks like constant power on (blue wire)

illumination power (green wire)

Ground (black wire)

6tach_wiring_72_sedan_std.gif

Got out in the car this morning and found the connector.  It was tucked way up in the harness.  Hard to find but not that hard. Main advantage was I wasnt looking in the dark.

Pull down the tab that hold harness

uDRA7f6.jpg

Then pull main harness down and there is is!

F41LH82.jpg

Installed.  B)

agcsLcd.jpg