What's good my old Skool lovers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"right way" and "slam" dont exactly go together.  

But..you do have some options when i comes to lowering. You can use drop blocks, but will need to get u-bolts made, that can get you up to 3" lower. Generally regarded as easiest, and biggest amount of drop for the money.

Then a spring repack will get you maybe another 1" or 1.5" plus some more spring rate. Modifying the spring shackles may get you a lil lower and more clearance.  After that you will most likely have cargo floor clearance issues and will need to body drop and raise cargo floor.  

One thing to consider with blocks and stock springs is you will be more prone to axle wrap, so a trac bar to keep axle from twisting and flopping is a good idea with tall blocks, especially if you drive hard.

Pretty much anything 3" and lower will require you to tub driveshaft tunnel unless you want to constantly be rubbing or dont care. 

I have 3" blocks on my goon now with stock springs and air shocks.   I will be tubbing DS tunnel soon, because even with shocks pumped up it rubs on acceleration+hard bumps.

Good luck, and do some more research, theres TONS of info on the web regarding this very subject.

What do I have to cut and what r IRS???

Sounds like you need to do a little research. If you don't know what IRS is yet spend some time reading some build threads. Search "IRS wagon" or "IRS swap".

As far as slamming your wagon I recommend going the "easy" route and use lowering blocks. An IRS swap is way too big of a job for you I'm sure. Save that for when you have gained some experience.