Lower Control Arm Bushings

Here is a pic of the lower control arms I took off my car way back. The two rubber bushings (one facing up and one facing down) with a metal insert is what Nissan sold me to replace the old worn out one which I had carefully cut out then cut the outer metal sleave that was pressed in when new.

IMG_20130527_120819.jpg

Anyone ever use these? I believe I had seen a replacement that looked like the original made by Moog. Anyone ever replace this bushing? If so any recommendations.

Eddie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only suggestion I have is to where possible, use OEM bushings (or aftermarket equivalents)

Reason being, I always try and run as much positive caster as I can and the OEM bushes are far more flexible than the majority of the aftermarket polyurethane bushes.

I also use a little bit of molybdenum grease on the LCA pin.

I seem to recall that there was a difference between early built cars and later cars.  I believe 1968 to 1969 model years had the 2 piece cone shaped bushings and the 1970 to 1973 had the one piece sleeve.