Any RB20 Z's in here ?

OK so if been trying to decide swaps to do and I really don't want to do a v8 (hate american cars) and all ready have every thing for a ka24e single slammer well the motor tranny and all the goodies but I just watched some vids on YouTube of rb20 swapped 240z and it just sounds amazing!!! I know the RB20 doesn't make a ton of power but I not trying to make huge numbers I just want like 250-300 just enough to have some fun every now and then so who's got one !?! Love to study others builds to get an idea on how I wanna go about this or even if I should stick with the ka24. Come on guys !

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the L28ET is a really well documented engine swap everything bolts right up since it's basicly the same engine just turbocharged. There very easy to modify you can get away with 250hp pretty easy. Ones of my favorite swaps in the S30's are VG30ET/VG33, VQ35 although there a little more spendy but you can find VQ35 pretty darn cheap I bought one for $200 once.

I've got one, its awesome. The motor is pretty heavily modded and has as rb25 trans with billet forks. It was in my roommates s13 before and was also disgusting in that car. The swap is really pricey, you need a lot of shit (oil pan, mount kit, radiator, driveshaft, and a lot more).

If you're only looking for 250-300 to play with, do an l28et. Lots of bang for the buck.

If you've got the funds, the RB20 is definately the way to go. It is way more responsive than and l28et I've driven.With a properly sized turbo (mine is a hks 2530) the power band is awesome and smooth. Most people dont like the 20's because they are supposedly weak. Yes, if you throw a giant turbo on it you will break it. Definitely try to get the 25 trans though.

Do realize the cost invoved is extensive. Not really a proper way to do a "budget" RB swap.