Gorge Fun Run, May 2013

mtngoat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that was a blast. Since only QT showed up and I'd driven those roads a zillion times already, he let me hop in his ride for a trip in a fast 510. It was great talking Datsun the entire way and taking in the sights. We had a little wet pavement at the outset, but as we trended east the pavement dried out within about 30 minutes and the rest of the ride was on nice dry roads. He kept commenting on the good condition of the roads for being non main routes in the middle of nowhere, and it sure made for some fun driving. There is no shortage of curves on this route, believe me.

We stopped on a section of twisties in Klickitat Canyon and he let me out with my camera, then did some runs back and forth while I snapped photos. I got a couple good ones, (would have been fun to have a chain of Dattos in the shot but oh well. )

He had to get back to Tacoma so we didn't do any barbeque, but we did stop by my place for a few minutes because my son had stayed home but he wanted to see a 510 that wasn't dads. Right near my place there is a couple mile stretch as twisty as any other, so we did a short run on that at a brisker pace and that was a lot of fun..I'd forgotten how a lowered properly set up 510 with some beef under the hood handles...really well!

so I'm glad we went ahead with this in spite of the near non turnout, lol. Hopefully another go later on this year will draw more folks!