Gorge Fun Run, May 2013

mtngoat

HI folks

the weather is getting suuuuper nice out here and I think it's time to see if we can throw together an informal fun run and road loop, followed by a barbeque at my place.

I'm thinking we'd meet up at the Park n Ride in Bingen WA, just across the Hood River bridge. Then we'd count heads and take off up the highway towards Mt Adams and trout lake, make a right at BZ corners and take the awesome back way to Glenwood, then Glenwood to Goldendale, then Goldendale to Rock Creek or Klickitat, then loop back to the ranch, park and party. Lots of curves, eye melting views, little to no traffic.

I'm thinking any time in the next few weeks prior to Memorial Day.

Interest?

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love to see ya q tip, if you haven't been to the area the views will knock your socks off. Heck I've been here 10 years and some days they still take my breath away. Add in twisty, fairly empty roads in good condition and it's cruising paradise

I've been thru there a few times, an friend of mines uncle has a winery in husom, worked there a couple summers. Beautiful country all thru there.

Now that I think about it I haven't been thru there in about 10 years

that diff you sold me is running great. it's amazing i forgot how it was to drive a car which wasn't howling. it made that noise for years.

Then it was a good deal for both of us.  I'm glad it's working out for you.

***Rear discs***

18th. works for me. Talked to my buddy, He is going to bring all of his camera equipment. 

Be cool to get some great footage of the run B)  

If anybody's interested, We could setup a couple camera mounts on the cars.

Ok, Sat the 18th it is. I'll post up more details as it gets closer, what do you folks think is a reasonable meeting time given some of you are driving a ways. 9AM? 10AM? Be nice if it wasn't already hot when we set off!

Sat, May 18 10AM, dirt lot next to the Bridgemart

that should give long distance folks a chance to not get up at 2AM

We'll do the loop should take 2-3 hours, then to my place to fire up the bbq and kick it, talk datsuns and hang out