Weber running rich...

Plumbob

Just installed a brand new weber 32/36 DGEV on my L16, it seams to be running really rich. I have checked for vacuum leaks, set the mixture screw at 2-1/2 turns out but doesn't seem to fix the rich issue. Any pointers? I did check the fuel pressure from my replacement (napa) fuel pump and it's putting out 5 psi, do I need a FPR to reduce the pressure to 2.5ish? Will 5psi make it run rich? Would the float level make it run rich?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your fuel pressure should not be over 3.5 psi.

Also check your timing with the vacuum advance hooked up, at high RPMs some Weber 32/36 vacuum port will hold vacuum all the way to top end without backing off. If this is happening your total end timing will be way to high and you can burn a piston.

Just installed a brand new weber 32/36 DGEV on my L16, it seams to be running really rich. I have checked for vacuum leaks, set the mixture screw at 2-1/2 turns out but doesn't seem to fix the rich issue. Any pointers? I did check the fuel pressure from my replacement (napa) fuel pump and it's putting out 5 psi, do I need a FPR to reduce the pressure to 2.5ish? Will 5psi make it run rich? Would the float level make it run rich?

What makes you think it rich? Black smoke, sooty plugs?

Look down the carb while idling. Do you see any dripping fuel?

running rich or flooding?

if its flooding, you may need to adjust your floats, even though they are supposedly set from the factory, doesnt hurt to take a measurement.

did yours come from redline and or do you have the redline instructions for setting best lean idle?

you have to adjust both mixture and rpms,

and yes, carbs dont need much pressure. 5 is too high. the stock mechanical fuel pump shouldnt be putting out that much so that leads us to

believe youre running an electric one and if that is the case, yes get a FPR and put just before the carb OR better yet, go get yourself a

mechanical fuel pump unless you just dont like the look.