Finally joining the ranks

RTB

I am in the process of buying my first 510. Its a 1970 coupe. The guy that owned it was a sponsored racing driver that raced 510s so this comes with TONS of parts. Right now it's just a stock car but I will be adding a lot of the performance parts that the current owner has. My question is- it comes with a l20b engine and the owner says it has NATZ or something of that nature upgrades. Can anyone shed some more light on that for me? Once I figure out how I will upload pictures.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, once I get my hands on it I will try to figure it out. I know that its a legit datsun part because he was sponsored by a datsun dealership so its not some offbrand thing. 

I am in the process of buying my first 510. Its a 1970 coupe. The guy that owned it was a sponsored racing driver that raced 510s so this comes with TONS of parts. Right now it's just a stock car but I will be adding a lot of the performance parts that the current owner has. My question is- it comes with a l20b engine and the owner says it has NATZ or something of that nature upgrades. Can anyone shed some more light on that for me? Once I figure out how I will upload pictures.

What you have is a 2dr sedan. Coupes are RHD, Japanese spec. http://bringatrailer.com/2009/04/20/rare-rhd-1971-datsun-1800-sss-bluebird-coupe/

for all those wondering, thats a tire, not a motor under the hood

Haha yes, the motor has been stored separately. and its 2 tires actually. To me the most amazing part about this car is that besides those rusted quarter panels/rockers, there isnt even a single dent on the car. Even the interior is in amazing shape. The headliner just needs a good cleaning and the seats are intact and not torn. Even the dash isnt cracked.

Welcome, I expected to see a race car. But a good start for a project none the less.

He sold his actual race car a while back. Now he is selling another 510 he had plus everything datsun related he has. So Ill be getting full race suspension set ups which should drop it down and stiffen it up nicely. I think im going to go with the stock fenders though. As much as I like the flared look, when the metal is in such good shape it almost seems like a waste. Ill probably put quite a few parts for sale, a lot of it will be NOS

Finally got the car in my garage. Now it's time to get all the parts and engine this guy has. Any tips installing a l20b would be appreciated

So finally started getting parts and am feeling a little overwhelmed. Heres the stack of parts, thats only about half of everything

4wmXXjj.jpg

These I wanna use as the rears, wonder if I can make them fit lol

CdN1wC5.jpg

vMltqVV.jpg