LED Gauge Cluster?

j_boy_619

I've been checking the forums, but I can only find trucks that have made the swap. Anyone know what kind of bulbs the gauge cluster/ instrument panel uses? I checked the manual and it just says "bulb"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember what the 75 uses. But if its like the 77 with fiber optics, there is only one bulb you need to replace. I used one blue superbrightled wedge bulb. lights the cluster up nicely.  I left the dummy lights stock, doesn't matter really on those as they are bright enough. 

Cool! Yeah, wouldn't really care if the dummy light was brighter. I remember I did that on my VW, shit was blinding.

If I am correct, the superbrights do a 120 degree angle, those work fine? dont need a 180?

I just use a 90 degree. since its fiber optics that run thru out the gauge cluster, It just needs to point at the plastic line.

I used this one, in blue. Because I had it laying around from another car...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-1-led-wedge-base/197/

If yours has bulbs in the cluster, get what you want.. I use 220, you can get 360.  Blue / cool white does great. But get whatever color you want. 

220 degree

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/199/

i just bought some from superbrightled.com or what ever, shipped very fast too. total was close to $40 so its not to bad, i got 360 degree purple lights as my main lights. 90 degree green and red for my blinkers and warning things. havnt had the time to install them though, still have to figure out how to take the cluster out

i just bought some from superbrightled.com or what ever, shipped very fast too. total was close to $40 so its not to bad, i got 360 degree purple lights as my main lights. 90 degree green and red for my blinkers and warning things. havnt had the time to install them though, still have to figure out how to take the cluster out

Have bear paws for hands? lol.  should be able to reach up behind there without taking the cluster out.. 

• Like 1

Re-read my post. I think your 75 is fiber optics. look under the dash, for a little black box near the steering column. There should be a single wedge bulb there.  Remove it, replace it with LED light.  Yes, they make blue LED lights. that's what color I used. Check out the links.

The only lights that are fiber optic are the "headlight" pull and the "wiper" pull  switches.  that black cylinder shaped item under the dash and right of the steering wheel.   About the size of a large flasher unit.  bulb just snaps into the black cylinder.

23065.jpg

- Mike 

I posted links to what you need :lol:

The first link I posted was just a normal wedge 90 degree bulb.  That's what I used on the fiber optics.  The other kind is a 220 degree bulb, second link.  You can decide what color you want. Cool white would probably be pretty bright and keep the green. I used a blue, and like it.

Ok here's the info I have. I can't help out more than this, really....

I found the type of bulb it is. But I am unsure of length.  I pulled the light out of my 510 dome, and its the same style. But it's a little to big to put in the B dome light.

The 510 dome light measures 1 1/8th inch long tip to tip.  The one in the b is slightly shorter.  The link I am going to give you will tell you how long they are once you click on them.....

here is the 510 dome light.

IMAG0146_zpsdf76ec99.jpg

Here is the link to the type of bulb you need.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/festoon-series-bulbs/