wtb late 620/720 spindle arms/cross shafts

this is the last piece to convert my 73 620 to disc brakes using beebani's UCAs, etc

should look like this:

!CDpGWdQBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!lgEz+2LF49pBNPPyu(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-Pickup-Truck-520-521-620-720-1965-1986-Spindle-Upper-Arm-/221066537235?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337897a913&vxp=mtr#shId

^ has them for $23 each (new, aftermarket [taiwanese]) plus about $22 shipped for a total of $68 shipped

i would just go that route except it says itll take about a month to get here, idk if ill still be at this address in a month....

so i need those parts, new or used.

if used, intact threads and in good shape, please.

PM me or reply, i check ratsun @ least once a day.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that the upper control arm mount holes be drilled and tapped out to the 720 bolt threads, not doing that is one of the biggest mistakes I made on my 521 disc brake conversion.

Take my word for it, when I say you do not want them wimpy bolts braking on you like they have on me several times, it's real eye opening when they break, especially when you are moving at 30mph and the frontend drops out from under you, I would hate to think what would happen if it happens at hiway speeds just because you touched the brakes, not slamming on the brakes, just touching them, that's what happened to me once going 30mph, all the other times I was going less than 15mph, but it sucks none the less.

thank you both.

different mounting bolt sizes is something i didnt catch, because i dont think it is mentioned

too often.

i had considered the two options were to make a filler/spacer with some cut pipe, OR drill/tap

but now i know ill definitely be going with the second option. thanks guys.

found 2 sets.
one from a 79, the other from an 85.

largest socket i had was 21mm so couldnt pull it today.

hopefully one or both sets will be there by the time i go back.

yeah i figured it was 22mm since the 21 "almost" fit, but didnt want to make a mistake and let someone have the chance of correcting me, aha.

thanks again yall

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.