Scurvycurr's 720 thread, yo.

Scurrvy

Okay, I bought this truck months ago, I drove it to work one day, and one of the cam bearings came loose and it melted the cam. I got another head off of another truck, replaced all the gaskets, and now it's on the road again! I'm really excited to get this going. 

So really all I need to do is get a non-feedback carb, and exhaust for it to be mechanically sound. OH!, it also needs brakes.. 

With ^ that being said, would any of you happen to have a non-feedback carb for sale? Or would want to trade? Like I ship mine you ship yours?

Also does anyone make roll pans for the 720 on here? 

I'm also looking for a driver side tail light.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some pics in other threads that got off the point. But I'll post some more on this one. And it's and 84, turn signal up top and break on bottom.

Also on the market for some decent seats.

I'm not sure. My truck just requires the non feed back for the electric choke, it doesn't like to start with out starting fluid and I think it's because the choke isn't hooked up.

Sorry there are no pictures I'm out of town. But I picked up some old Chevy rally wheel style rims from my dad. Going to have them machined to fit and powder coated white when I get home.

These are what the rims I bought look like. Well it is one of them. They need to be cleaned, center bore needs to be machined, and they need paint. One of them I need to get the lip straight. It's bent in a few spots. They are 15x8, does anyone know what size tire I should run on them? 28us48l.jpg5ygnt5.jpg

Also here is a front picture of the truck. I would take a rear, but the bed is full of junk and spare parts. the front needs an unbent bumper, and a un-destroyed valance. I can get a valance online for like 70 dollars before shipping so not too bad? 2h4z3na.jpg

Also debating on leaving the paint the way it is, or getting it painted the same blue color and getting the wheels painted white to match the lettering on the tail gate. 

My 720 I pulled the front hubs and knocked the studs out then cut the hub down on a brake lathe. Now any 6 lug wheel fits with no work. Will cost less to do if you have access to a lathe or if you find a shop willing to do it .

Are you referring to valances on eBay?  Reasonable price, they look like new parts.  I'm guessing not genuine Nissan parts, but whatever aftermarket industry that supplies the body shops?

Paint is a tough question.  There are too many options, and it seems to me that most of them are half-vast options unless you're willing to put more money into it than the truck will ever be worth.  The guy at our local paint shop wanted me to buy about $600 worth of paint.  I think I'm gonna try spray-painting Rustoleum instead.  One of the biggest obstacles to that plan is dry compressed air at the paint gun.  I'm buying and borrowing stuff right now trying to get there.

Is that blue a factory color?

I saw some on ebay, but I've seen others on parts websites. But I was referring to the ebay ones. They're steel and others I've seen are plastic. 

Yeah, I'm thinking I might leave it be until I can't stand to look at it anymore. My dad has a couple paint guns so I may try that when I do. 

I'm pretty sure it is, Someone tried to do some touch ups and has a darker blue in some spots. But I'm 90% sure it's factory. Has the vinyl pinstripes going down the side and what not.

U might b able to use a grant kit, about 20 bones! I installed a grant steering wheel , my horn doesnt work & doesnt cancel the turn n signal! U might come across those problems! Cuss once u take off the steering wheel there's no wires in there, but it worked b4!! Good luck