rough three days. Quit tobacco.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife managed to quit last fall but changed jobs a month ago and started again. She has a g/f who doesn't and kicks her ass to quit. This is Canada Day long weekend and they went camping. I put a patch on her as said have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

this is awesome man, I am always happy to see someone quit. Not that I have anything against smokers either, I think its something most people do when their young.

I quit slowly. first I started smoking rollies, which obviously I had to roll. then I went to better rollies and better paper, and all natural whatnot and high quality tobacco, and all that jazz.

but I was a mechanic, and its hard to be involved in a project or to work and then smoke, when you have to roll the cigarette. if they were pre-rolled, then hey no problem, and if I really wanted one I could always stop and wash my hands.

but eventually I stopped to wash my hands less, and less, and then I only would smoke occasionally, and then I just stopped buying tobacco.

the thing is that the all natural stuff isnt anywhere near as addictive as the pre rolled packs. so you slowly want to smoke less.

I still have an occasional smoke, mostly with alcohol, which I rarely ever even drink anyway. And I still enjoy a cigar once in a while. and I still smoke other things......... B)

You guys are young so this may not mean much just now but your health is the most precious thing you will ever have. Without it, you can't enjoy kids or grand-kids, your wife, friends, job or any of your possessions.