gauge wiring

riot936

While getting my 720 4x4 leafs from the boneyard I quite literally stumbled upon a center console with factory gauges and the center armrest part as well.

NOW, how would I wire the volt and oil pressure gauge thats in the consolw into my factory harness and make it look factory installed?

Volt gauge=1) yellow/red wire 1) black wire (im assuming ground)

Oil pressurr gauge= 1) yellow/red stripe wire 1) yellow/blue stripe wire 1) black wire (im asssuming ground)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to go back to the bone yard and get the oil pressure sender and the plug and some wire..

oilsenderforgaugeLarge.jpg

The Yellow/Green stripe is the red warning light in your 620 dash that warns of low pressure. KEEP this in operation!!!!!!!

The Yellow/Blue stripe goes to the oil pressure gauge.

The Red/Blue and the Red/Yellow wires on the gauges are for the lights. I found it easier to just connect them to something switched on with the ignition and run them full time.

The oil sending unit is in the right side of the block above and to the left of the oil filter. It will have one Yellow/Green stripe wire to it.

The sender for the oil pressure gauge is like the picture above and has a Yellow/Green wire for the red dash light warning of low pressure and also a Yellow/Blue wire for the gauge. Just remove the one wire sender and screw in the two wire sender. Splice the Yellow/Green wires together and extend the Yellow/Blue wire so it enters the cab and can be connected to the gauge.

What is the pipe plug in the side of the block above the starter? Is that a oil or water passage?

If an elbow in the side of the L series head above the starter it's for the heater. If on the side of the block on a Z series motor it for the heater. Both are about the size of your finger. The oil sender is only 1/4" or so in size you can't mix them up..

Here's the two wire oil sender just to the left of the oil filter with the dip stick to it's left.

710oilgageinstall016Large.jpg

I trimmed the gauge cluster from a 720 and installed it in a blank place on my 710 sedan console.

710oilgageinstall005Large.jpg

The Canadian ones are Kilo grams per square centimeter but I got one from Canby.

710oilgageinstall010Large.jpg

Looks better.

710oilgageinstall008Large.jpg