Lowering my 620

Janksun

I've read over the how to on re-indexing the torsion bars like 4 times just to make sure I knew what I'm going to be doing. But I have a question or two. I'm going to go with 3 blocks in the rear, maybe 4" later on, but how many notches should I turn the torsion bar to get a level look? I don't want a rake. The how to says 1 but I feel like 1 just isn't enough. Maybe I'll just do it and report my findings. But any input would be appreciated. As yes I know it's been gone over many times and I searched but didn't find the specifics I was looking for, everyone pretty much just said I turned down the torsion bars or I re-indexed them. Oh, is turning down and re-indexing them the same thing? Thanks -John

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think anyone has ever really come up with a number. its always been trial and error.

there are 2 ways to adjust the torsions.

the first way is just tightening or loosening that nut on that long bolt of the anchor arm,

the other is the re-indexing, which is to remove the bar and rotate clockwise/ccw a notch or more

yes those are what i was talking about.

loosen the top nut (it acts as a locking nut to the bottom/lower nut)
and then turn the bottom nut.

with 2" blocks i dont think youll have to reindex, just adjust those nuts.

also blocks with an angle will be highly apparent

i dont think you have to run angled blocks or add shims for 2" blocks.

ive been running 3" blocks with no angle or any adjustment to the drivline,

for more than half a year (its my daily, 240+ mile trips on weekends, etc.)

i will mention that i had a u joint go bad, but idk how old it was, it wasnt the

kind that allows you to lubricate it, and i think my bad carrier bearing insulator/donut

helped speed up the process.

show me the link because i couldnt find belltech 4"s angled or not.

also, consider your scrub rate when going with 3" (or higher) blocks.

brings your springs and u bolts that much closer to the ground

increasing the likelihood of them bottoming out

angled blocks are not important untill you get very low. Ive only needed angled blocks after 4inch blocks and mono leafed. They are only used to control pinion angle and make sure your truck dosnt eat through Ujoints.. You do not need agled blocks doing what you are doing.... Also for reindexing... I have only seen the need to reindex after lowering FARTHER than 3inch blocks and mono leafing... So all you should need to do is turn down the front tortion bolts nearly to no thread showing and install your blocks... 

my truck for reference. I installed 3inch blocks and only running one leaf spring and the tiny overload in back, and I did not need to reindex the front just loosened up the tortion bolts that are pictured above in this thread. 

25963_4584001957196_1869097772_n.jpg

• Like 1