Lowering a 4 door 510

Dope510

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fronts. Remove the stock spring and cut one coil off of it. Carefully trim the bottom spring mount and grind away the weld. Assemble using a split collar and set your ride height. About $25. For another $20 you can replace the strut oil with thicker motorcycle fork oil. Lower, firmer ride for under $50

Rears. Go to wrecking yard or buy new Dodge D-50 front coils and cut them down to 9.5" About $70 or less.

Currently running Ermish coilovers front and rear but before that I had taken my stock springs and cut .5-1 coil at a time until I got the ride height perfect. I really can't complain about the feel of it either. I had to do it 4 times to get it just right . By the end of it I could get the car on jack stands pull all the suspension out and get it back on the groung in 2.5 hours. I think I still have the springs I had cut in my garage if you are near San Jose you are welcome to have them. Not sure iof there is any differences in 2 and 4 dooor springs so may want to check that.

• 2 weeks later...