620 tension rod bushings/washers question

Hey Guys,

I purchased this as it was listed as a 'Tension Rod Bushing Kit' for my '77 620 2WD KC, but it doesn't seem to be correct/complete, to me.  Thoughts?

$(KGrHqF,!hcE7VBoJS9zBPGPWh5fd!~~60_12.J

I'm not sure if it is incorrect or just the kit for one side, or maybe it's actually a 510 kit?  I don't know.

Help!

Thanks, in advance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, but are there differences between the various t/c rod bushings across the model lines? BTW, I wouldn't use eurathane bushings on the 620, s130 or any that uses the T(tension) in the T/C rod. They have more of a tendency to snap, at least in a 280zx.

Sealik had some info, but for 510s... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/52906-tension-rod-bushingswashers/

The tension rod has to actually move up and down at the LCA end so polly is OUT. It does not allow any movement at the anchor end and the rod must bend. Eventually fatigue cracks cause it to break. You do NOT want an unsupported LCA  while driving the truck!!!

Thanks for the quick replies.  Much appreciated.

I had just read that link a few minutes ago and that's what got me thinkning '510 kit' or 'one-side 620 kit'.

Clarification: LCA - lower control arm?  The LCA-end bushings completely fell out of the driver side about a month ago, right after I had both strut rods/spacers/bushings/etc replaced.  Scrambled to find T-rod bushings and came across this kit.

So, if I'm understanding, I could use this kit for the radiator end of the T-rods and I sould find a kit that looks/measures/etc the same but is of another material for the LCA end?  What material and any idea where, and how quickly, I could get that?

Thanks again.

FYI...

Okay, the pic that started this thread has nothing to do with the '77 620 tension rods, been under the truck all evening and these big-a** things don't have any home that they'll fit into.

Bushings in kit - ~2" dia.  Bushings from Nissan - ~1" dia.  And those sleeves in the kit don't even come close to fitting through the tension rod mounting bracket holes and they are much bigger than the tension rod itself.

Anyway, the bag of bushings I got from Nissan seem to be the right thing.  Should get it all back together tomorrow after work.

Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...