620 locking steering column

yello620

Was this ever a option, Ive noticed that the column would accept a locking style ignition switch. Rare option? Other datsun's that might have a systme that fits the 620? I tried one from a 240z, it fits the column, but doesnt allow the plastic covers to fit at all, and it hits the dash pad. What car might work?

I am looking for that little bit of added security that a locking column might add to my truck.

Jason

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep some came with it. they have a different steering column cover, I have seen the ignitions on ebay, but all you really have to do is find on in the wrecking yard that has the same plug and you can make it work. As far as the cover... your on your own, but I know theres one at the yard near by me... but its mine :D its a 78 btw...

I installed the turn signal/headlight switch and wiper switch assy. that fits on the column just below the steering wheel from a 720. I do remember noting that the 620 column had the hole in the side for the lock part to engage. I used the 720 top and bottom covers on the column and had to cut and trim it to sit properly against the dash. Seems to me I used the 720 key and lock because the 620 was positioned slightly differently and would not sit right in the 720 cover, but it's been a while. The problem is that I later remover the 620 and put in a 720 column so I can't go look. I have a tilt steering column as a spare and decided against using it... after all, once set you don't need to adjust it right? Just like a remote control mirror, your always fiddling with it ... because you can.