High idling

Toon

Hey guys, my truck has had this high idle whenever I turn the truck on when it's cold or when Im neutral and push down my clutch. My temperature gauge is broken too and would like to see how I can fix both of these. Let me know if you guys have any ideas on what it is. Thanks :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, my truck has had this high idle whenever I turn the truck on when it's cold or when Im neutral and push down my clutch. My temperature gauge is broken too and would like to see how I can fix both of these. Let me know if you guys have any ideas on what it is. Thanks :)

If cold the choke will come on when starting. Part of that system is a fast idle circuit to speed warming up. It should, however erturn to normal idle speed within 10 min or so. Take the top off the air filter and take a look after running for 20 min or so. Is the choke plate fully open...

carb720shouldlooklikethisLarge.jpg

or partly or fully closed like this...

carb720notlikethisLarge.jpg

TEMP GAUGE

Look under or around where the top rad hose comes from the intake. There will be a sender with a Yellow/Black strip wire on it. Or should be on it. Make sure the surfaces are clean and corrosion free and making good contact. If gauge still does not work, ground the end of the wire on the intake with the key ON and the gauge should read FULL HOT. Does it?