Question on 78 B210 seat replacement

PineClone

There is a lot of good info on this forum about replacing seats. It sounds like i just need to search the junkyard for some seats that will fit nicely. Although the upholstery is in decent shape, the guts of my driver's side seat are significantly deteriorated. And if i do it right, I'd also like to end up with a little more leg room and sit a bit lower.

From what i understand, i should bolt the replacement seat to the stock B210 rails. My question is this: Is the driver's side "hump" still an issue if i use the stock rails? Or is it only an issue if i try to retrofit some other seat rails?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. For anyone who cares, posted here is finished wheel #1 in my Datsun 6 spoke rehab project.

Before

After (blurry  :crying: )

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also very interested in an answer for this. I was fortunate enough to have RX seats in my bug and decided to give them to the B210 when I got it. But when I started to take off the B210 seats... I noticed that my driver side had the "hump".... which puzzled me as mine is a 75. Now idk what to do for the seats. Thinking of making some brackets to even em out, but if anyone has a better idea. I would love to know.

you may have to make a bracket to lift the seat up high enough to clear the hump and then uses the stock rails,  ive seen it done before but have no pictures.  

210 seats will swap in, all you have to do is again, use the stock rails heres how 210 seats look in my 76

PICT0053.jpg

Lol

Everyone is wanting new seats in there B210s.

I Just bought some Toyota MR2 seats. I will be doing an install probably this weekend.  The trans tunnel is an issue with everyone. I think I have figured out a way around this using information off datsun1200.com, and a taking ten minutes to think about it.

First thing i noticed. When I took the passenger seat out, and dropped the MR2 seat in to see about fitment. Is that the outside (towards the door) side of the seat droops down about an inch or so.

Second I noticed when I just flopped some blocks in there to hold it up even, is that using these seats and the method I am going to use will basically raise the bottom of the seat up a little bit. But there is still plenty of clearance with the roof and the head rest, along with my head.  The real test will be when I tear ass down the street and hit some dips in the road to see if I bounce back up and hit my head..

I doubt I will see this thread and post in here about what I did, and with pictures. But keep an eye on my project thread. I will be posting it in there, or in the "How To" section.

One of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned.  Sure there are others, but for the price these goes for (35 to 65 is most I've ever paid in great shape). The price is right for the comfort.
Took a road trip, 1400 miles non stop in my 510 with a set of these.  Didn't get uncomfortable once!

P1020011.jpg

I put some Miata seats in my car. Very comfortable  a bit high with the brackets I fabbed.  I will be modifying the floor bracketry to get them lower.  Nice wheels there buddy  :)

how are you going about polishing?  I have a very redneck way I polished my Swazis last week. But Damn!  they came out beautiful.

I put some Miata seats in my car. Very comfortable  a bit high with the brackets I fabbed.  I will be modifying the floor bracketry to get them lower.  Nice wheels there buddy   :)

how are you going about polishing?  I have a very redneck way I polished my Swazis last week. But Damn!  they came out beautiful.

I used a spray stripper to remove the remaining clear coat. Pressure washed them and then used steel wool over the whole wheel. One wheel had significant corrosion, This is where it became time consuming and frustrating. I ended up using a wire brush on my drill at very low RPM. This worked well but leaves deep scratches that take a lot of elbow grease to smooth out with sand paper. This wheel will continue to be a work in progress even after i finish the painting.

Mothers polish with a Mothers Power Ball attachment for polishing. Need to apply a fair bit of pressure to get a really good shine on the spokes.

I sprayed the painted areas with etching primer, and then a black automotive spray paint. 

They look good now, but not sure how long it will hold up. I am not sure if i should apply some kind of clear coat or not. 

you like how i found that illustration by using the search feature for you?

What is this thing you call, "search feature"?

Yes, I have read that post many times. I am still not clear on how the hump issue is an issue if you re-use the stock seat rails.

In the post you referenced, it says, "NOTE: 1977-1978 B210 floors are not flat on the passenger side". It does not elaborate on whether this is an issue or not.

Replies in this post have repeated discussion about the problem with the hump.

My original question was: Is the driver's side "hump" still an issue if i use the stock rails? Based on peeking under my seat, my guess is that bolting the stock rails to the replacement seat is the way to go without having to make modifications.