Kingpin interchangeability question

hog_head

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's only fair since I send a lot of people your way with questions :)

I'm pretty sure the pin itself is the same.  I know the diameter is the same, but I didn't find a verification of the length. It appears to be the same length.

If you haven't been through this thread.....  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41333-kingpin-rebuild-mklotz70/     .....you'll find pics of someone's 620 kingpin kit. 

It appears that they changed the upper bushing and seal.  Can't blame them considering how bad the previous style wore out. 

The kit in that picture on ebay is the same as the 521 kit and should work without issue. 

The pins and the bushings show up as available on nissanparts.cc    If you can't find a kit, you might be able to piece one together.  Factory part manuals are on the tech page of www.olddatsuns.com

Don't get your hopes up just yet.  They're notorious for not having a lot of the old stuff that they let you order.  The really annoying part is that they don't tell you they can't get it until weeks later when your order shows up without them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I took it all apart anyway, to see what kind of shape it was all in. The pins have a little wear on them, so I at least have to have the pins and bushings.  I think it was all original, and interestingly, the bottom had inhaled a shim on top of the thrust bearing on both sides.  I have to think they did that when the truck was built.

So now I am going to need a workaround if they don't really have that stuff.  I don't want to wait past spring!

Hmm....I'd probably get 2 of the 620 sets listed on rockauto for the 620 and try to use them on the 521.  The lower bushing looks to be the same as the 521's bushings.  Maybe I'd better finish the ball joint mod :)