WTB: Shorty ROUND tube header

I know, square fits round but it doesn't meet my overall scheme of things. Looking for shorty ROUND header to fit into a 521 with L20B with torsions. Needs to be able to be ceramic coated or stainless, not some rusted POS.

Stock manifold not an option for my plans.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a square shorty I dont need anymore. But my consience is keeping me from selling it. They are complete shit! Not trying to sway you, because you've heard it a dozen times, but it seems nowone makes a decent header for our trucks.

The only remedie for a shorty that I can see is making it into a tri Y, by cutting the collecter off and making two, two pipe collecters, run them down past the torsion bar and then merge them into one. Kind of a copy of the stock manifold.

I just got done building one from scratch for my 521, and I have thought about finding  510 and 521 front clips to use as fixtures to make some up. Here is mine. Good luck in your search.

IMG_2168_zps897f1fbe.jpg

Eric is correct, they all seem to be crap anymore, but about once a year or more I see a decent(new/newish) round port header show up on craigslist, the problem is that some of them have the smog crap on them also.

I have been running shorty headers on the work truck for 15 years now, I only get about 3 to 5 years out of a new one before I have to cut it apart, fix it, then weld it back together, I have bought probably 3 new ones and found two used ones, I have one new in the box left, they seem to leak everytime in the middle of the 4 tubes where they combine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.