81 210 ignition module wanted (black box)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have one be sure is says E12 80 on it. There are others and they will not work properly.

Jesusnp2 why not go with an HEI unit from a GM motor? It's well documented here and they fit perfectly in your pocket.?

cause i'm lazy and not 100% certain this is where my problem is but i'm pretty sure if ya got a good link to that id like to see it though.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/17444-electronic-ignitions-for-l-motors-4-cyl/

Option 3 in the first post. Take your old module off to find the Green and Red wires. Plug in as per diagram. Should be like $10 max at the parts store.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

pretty sure I have one of these(from years ago,when I had a 210)

if you want it(if I can find it)just pay shipping(hope there is no immediate rush,customs can be SLooooWWW)

I will look tomorrow

pretty sure I have one of these(from years ago,when I had a 210)

if you want it(if I can find it)just pay shipping(hope there is no immediate rush,customs can be SLooooWWW)

I will look tomorrow

Well i am actually kinda in a rush well about 2 or 3 week rush lol 

No.

If you remove the module there a rubber plug with two wires in the top/back that go into the dizzy, a GREEN and a RED wire. Ignore the picture below where it says "non matchbox dizzy" and connect the G and R wires to the HEI as shown.

GMHEIconnections.jpg

Inside the dizzy there is a small coil of wire between the G and R terminals. As the stator turns a magnetic field induces a small pulse across the G and R wires and the HEI unit uses this to turn the coil off to make a spark.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.