KA24DE: Price Check

Hey guys, picking up a B210 soon and I am thinking of doing a KA or SR swap. If the car will run with the engine thats in it I will save for the SR, if not I want to grab a KA to get it on the road quickly.

Just looking for prices. Would like a DE, ecu, harness, and transmission. Might also look into an E swap, would need the full swap either way.

So let me know what you have and/or what these setups usually go for. I hope to post on zilvia later this week.

Time frame for the swap is begining of April so I would like to pick up all the parts by the end of March.

Thanks and have a great day.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, picking up a B210 soon and I am thinking of doing a KA or SR swap. If the car will run with the engine thats in it I will save for the SR, if not I want to grab a KA to get it on the road quickly.

You most likely can get the A series running much much easier than any swap. They really don't drive badly with the A series. Of course any swap runs by the old saying cheap, easy, quick: pick any two.

I'm not sure how long the car has sat. All I know is the engine is a replacement and the owner before the person I am buying it from said the carb won't fit on it. If I can get it running it will stay in the car for a while, if not I have to get it going quickly. Also looking at an L16 and dogleg, so we will see what happens once I have the car in front of me.

Holy cow. For the KA are you talking about a pick and pull or something else? not that is really matters, I mean I have seen some PnP engines do really well, but I would like to know incase I go that route and want to rebuild it before the install.

As far as the carb for the A-series, I will need to see the engine before I know what I need. I have a feeling that the original owner may have replaced the intake mani with something aftermarket or from some other engine, which would explain why the carb won't fit. That or the guy had the wrong carb, but the current owner says he hasn't really had time to check it out. I honestly don't know a lot about these engines, but I know there are a ton of interchangeable parts most of the time and it wouldn't surprise me if the intake mani was something rigged on there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.