Door Mechanism/ pully/door locks

barricade88

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just fixed my locks. I found out that a small metall piece behind the lock is made from aluminium and it wears out. So the small round steel plate that moves the other stuff doen't move so much any more on the aluminum part. Removed the steel plate. Velded the hole smaler and filed out a new hole that sits tight on the worn out aluminum. Result - The door locks open and close as they should.

All other stuff inside is simple to. The inside handle pulls on the lock mechanism. So I think you just have some piece loose in there. Thats it. As say earlyer just remove the doorcover and reconnect the things.

If you can't move the lock with your key the lock is busted. If the lock moves but can't get it to lock up (inside puller doesn't work) be sure the dooor is closed all the way. If it sits in the first windlock positon you can't lock the doors or the locks aluminium part is to worn as where on my car. I but on new door rubber seals (from a tractor) and to lock the doors I need tu push on the door a little, as they sit realy tight on the locking mechanism.

the steel plate is just behind a lock. Its the thing that moves all mechanism. When you look @ the rear of the lock its connected with a splint/pin (don't know the proper word in english-not my native language) to the rear of the lock. It has a small hole in offset of center there a rod is connected via plastic connector.

• 1 year later...

I just fixed my locks. I found out that a small metall piece behind the lock is made from aluminium and it wears out. So the small round steel plate that moves the other stuff doen't move so much any more on the aluminum part. Removed the steel plate. Velded the hole smaler and filed out a new hole that sits tight on the worn out aluminum. Result - The door locks open and close as they should.

All other stuff inside is simple to. The inside handle pulls on the lock mechanism. So I think you just have some piece loose in there. Thats it. As say earlyer just remove the doorcover and reconnect the things.

If you can't move the lock with your key the lock is busted. If the lock moves but can't get it to lock up (inside puller doesn't work) be sure the dooor is closed all the way. If it sits in the first windlock positon you can't lock the doors or the locks aluminium part is to worn as where on my car. I but on new door rubber seals (from a tractor) and to lock the doors I need tu push on the door a little, as they sit realy tight on the locking mechanism.