newb needing help laying frame.

OK. Hello community. I will be finally starting my dream build. I have a 76 620 kc. My goal is to have a sfbd, bagged*, rb swapped, monster. I'm looking for show and go. I have done a lot of research, and I'm stuck. I would love to lay frame with this truck. Is it possible to lay it out if I put a subframe in the rear. I'm having a hard time picturing this. I wanted to put a subframe and install air suspension to drop it and have the ability to install coil overs if I choose. I was kind of looking to have the best of both worlds but I don't think its possible. I am open to suggestions on what I should do with this build. Critisism isn't going to help. I am new to the Minitruck build. I am not completely oblivious to the way things work, and I am in school for motor sports technology and welding and fabrication. So I know I can do this build with the help of this forum and my friends. If anyone has some good starting points, blueprint, drawings, pics, anything so I can start, I would appreciate it. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to have both air bags and coilovers in the rear? Why wouldn't you just run the bags? The 620 is no different than most trucks... notch the frame, build a nice 4-link, air bag brackets, and boom you're on the ground. Then you just have to deal with the front.

I've seen a few frame laying 620s so it's possible. There's no need for a subframe... Just mod the frame already there.

Not quite. I don't think I want bags. I want the air struts. The f.b.s.s.digital system. With a setup like that, say I blow a line, a broken valve, or something else fails, I can unbolt the air struts and drop in a set of coilovers. Or, if I have an itch to push the truck on an scca track, drop my coils in n go. I want IRS. I want to swap an rb in, and have the skyline rear diff as well. I'm going for a hybrid if some sort. I want the ability to have the air struts in, and lay out the frame, and be able to swap coils in and race it around. And the IRS will have a wicked cambered stance at the shows.