WTB Datsun 510 1968–1975 (so-cal)

At the moment I've been search for about a month on Craigslist for a good "daily driver" wagon or coupe.

The 510 is my dream car and I want to buy one now while I still got the opertunity to do so. At the moment I live in Long Beach, CA and I am willing to drive there to check it out and pay in cash for it. I dont mind the paint just hopefully the interior had some love from it's past owners.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I've been search for about a month on Craigslist for a good "daily driver" wagon or coupe.

FYI, the coupe was only available in RHD and not sold in the US, so they are quite rare and expensive to buy here in the US. A 2dr or 4dr sedan would be much more reasonably priced.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

you have to seacrh longer than that, it took me about 6 mos. to find a decent one.  Be patient...the closer you are to your ideal car the better.  Also you don't want a 78 Datsun 510, in Cali., they have to be smogged...that is 75 and below don't have to be smogged.  don't just go on Craigslist, try UFO site, dime quaterly, 510 realm, go to import shows, try Craigslist everywhere, Ebay, this site...spread your net wide and be patient.

• Like 1
you have to seacrh longer than that, it took me about 6 mos. to find a decent one.  Be patient...the closer you are to your ideal car the better.  Also you don't want a 78 Datsun 510, in Cali., they have to be smogged...that is 75 and below don't have to be smogged.  don't just go on Craigslist, try UFO site, dime quaterly, 510 realm, go to import shows, try Craigslist everywhere, Ebay, this site...spread your net wide and be patient.

Thanks for the help and support. Hopefully the right 510 comes my way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.