5 lug pattern on a 77 Datsun truck

deejay

My buddy just picked up this Datsun truck and was trying to find more about this suspension swap

Come to find out its a 5x115 lug pattern front and rear drum. Breaks are all worn out .... Also has Buick v6 motor in it with an auto trans.

Would any one know one what all of this came off of and on a side note is it possible to put disk up front ?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds very custom.

Pics needed.

Probably not a Bee job.

BUT-I have read that Mitsu EVO rotors are the same specs as Hardbody rotors.

Maybe Mitsu rotors on modded Toyota hubs with Bee's adapters.

Who knows?

When I say EVO rotors are the same, I mean when slipped over a Hardbody hub they sit the same as a D21 rotor that normally bolts to the hub. Read it in a few different places. Can't verify myself though. Same OD as well.

Ya this truck has allot of custom involved. the motor it's self is tight against everything guy who we bought it from didn't know that much about the truck besides it being a Buick motor and maybe a ford 9 " rear end ( which most of the 5x115 came on Cadillac 85 - 07 cars and other gm products in that range Buick Pontiac and all wireing is a custom rat nest. Front lug pattern is the same as the rear

I should be able to get the pix up tomorrow

Wow! That's a good looking truck.

Get some pictures of the brake/hub/steering setup. My guess is 6 to 5 lug adapter spacers, but it could be a different rear and, and a front steering conversion to something like Rack and Pinion maybe, by using parts off a 5 lug vehicle.

Front suspension looks stock to me.

Rear axle diff cover looks like a 7.5" ford.

Have you removed the front brake drums yet? Take pics if you do. Those front drums look like front drums to a early Mustang. Would almost bet that you find a Ford logo or FoMoCo casting on them.