Prophet1012's 1982 B310 project

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go again....i have another question please xD is the wireing harness of the a14 the same as the a12 installed from the factory? thanks

What he said, but as a side note...

It's probably important when asking these kinds of questions to say whether it's an A12a or A12.

The A12 is what came in all the 1200s. The A12a is what usually came in a B310 (your car). There's lots of differences between the two. And like ggzilla said, the A12a and A14 are externally almost identical.

For example, the A12 had the alternator on the opposite side of the engine, so the wiring harness would be noticeably different. 

Is yours an A12a car (more common) or A12 (less common)?

• Like 1

Mine is an 1171cc a12 engine, all the b310 i know off all have the same engine i.e redisigned 1171cc a12. I don't think there are any a12a in malta. i think it was not offered as an option as in the case of a14, they were not offered as optional in malta. All the a14 we have are iether off a vanette or 140j voilet, thats why i say they are extra rare in malta a14 engines.

• 4 weeks later...

i quick question lads. i plan on removing the a14 flywheel i got (on the a14 and 60 series 5 speed transmission setup i have going for the red sunny) to machine it flat (to removing the very light rusting it formed in the long period it had been resting) and maybe lighten it up (btw do you suggest having a stock flywheel machined lighter?). I need the torque settings to re-torque it when putting it back together?