Automatic tranny question

PineClone

I think this is probably a simple issue, but wanted to toss it out here to the experts just in case...

This past fall I noticed that when i put my B210 in gear the tranny would sometimes not engage. If i increased the RPMs by giving it a little more gas (revving) it would then pop into gear. I have mothballed the car for winter, but on occasion i do start it up. With the colder weather i've noticed the issue has gotten worse.

My non-expert diagnosis is that its just an old car and is cold blooded. Once its warmed up and gets moving, seems to be fine.

The solution for now is NOT to drop in a 5-speed...though that is on the long-term agenda.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will check the service manual.

Reading a few threads here, i see that it should be checked when warm, and can be easily overfilled. I'm not sure where or how to add fluid, but the manual will hopefully cover that.

I replaced the tranny in my 240z about 10 years ago and it required a special hose to fill through a plug underneath. If thats the case, i guess i have the gear.

Thanks.