My first garage build 510

bsd510wag

Hey everyone names matt been a datsun owner for a few years now and this is the first one i get to build in a garage. I started my love with datsun when i was 18 when i bought a wagon and completed my first ever swap.

pics004.jpg

pics003-1.jpg

Ended up selling it before it was street legal but did get to have some fun before it left me. Well fast forward august 2011 i got the datsun bug again and tracked down a 510  outside san jose so hopped on a greyhound bus and 17 hours later bought my five ten and headed straight back home for work the next day

datsun1139.jpg

datsun3.jpg

Been working on this one for over a year fully stripping the car. Welded in new floor pans,upgraded suspension, freshen up the motor and now stuck how it sits now.

phonepics1101.jpg

1349232543.jpg

Now we are at the point of my current project. I found the car from a follow member here who had a lead on where it was. So in august of 2012 i picked up the car and in sept i bought my first house. So thats where i got the name to my title. It the first time im building a car not in the dirt which is awesome. Well here is some pics of the car the day i got it.

1341693691.jpg

1343064272.jpg

The first day i started working on my car put it up on jacks pull the rear suspension and cleaned out the inside. The one thing i love about this car is that there is no rust anywhere like my last datsun save me a whole bunch of work.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

trip12645.jpg

trip12643.jpg

trip12642.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

That was the end of the first day.

The next day i started to check out the only damage the car has looks like the car was in a accident and the replace the section buy just cutting the section out snd welding in a new piece but i dont care how they did it. If you look at it they straight up cut the core support and front valance and welded the new piece to the old.

IMG_0639.jpg

mattstripanddatsun673.jpg

mattstripanddatsun649.jpg

mattstripanddatsun652.jpg

Pulled the windows outs of the car and removed the doors and

built a dollie for the car

mattstripanddatsun669.jpg

when i was looking at the front i measured the and it seem the strut tower was pushed backed about an inch so i decide to make the big move and drill out the piece and replace i have a new piece for the replacment now just have to finish up

mattstripanddatsun658.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic