15x8 wheel fitment

SlammedSunny

Now Ive done a lot of digging, and fooling around on this website http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp before asking this, Ive been looking at a set of XXR 532's for my 76 B210.  Now they come in 15x8 +20 only,  this should fit the rear with no problems as far as i can tell, and I will be using stock B210 brakes, and Coilovers up front (If it matters, T3 LCA's, TC rods, and outer steering rods will be used as well).  I think I will need a spacer up front as they will be .9" closer to the suspension, My best guess is 15mm, but im not entirely sure..... I know 7" wide would be easier, but thats not the point.  Anyways, does anybody know if i would need spacers? if so what size?  Thanks again guys, I will actually be starting a build thread soon enough so hopefully i can get some more input on the car as progress goes on.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck it, man.

youre gonna have to buy the wheels and try to bolt them on before you know how big of a spacer youll need.

well, for the backspacing someone might be able to tell you what max amount you can have to clear suspension

but the other aspect is being able to clear brakes. clearing brakes isnt about size/offset but about the inner design

of the wheel face.

in short, buy wheels, bolt on, measure to see what size spacers needed.

also, do you really want XXRs? im one of those anti-knock off enthusiasts and i know its not my vehicle but great quality, japanese

wheels can be had for relatively cheap now a days.

Well its either XXR's or Rota's, just what i can afford while having money for good tires, instead of more expensive wheels and cheaper tires..... I also really like the style of the 532's and I have no clue what they are replicas of.   The only reason i mentioned the brakes is because 90% of the time when a wheel fitment question is asked here on ratsun, everybody asks if they are stock brakes or 280zx brakes/struts, ect.  Im not new to modifying cars, just dont have very much experience with datsuns yet.  The backspacing of the XXR's is 5.3", compared to my 14x7 +8 supra mags that have a backspacing of 4.3"

Now Ive done a lot of digging, and fooling around on this website http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp before asking this, Ive been looking at a set of XXR 532's for my 76 B210.  Now they come in 15x8 +20 only,  this should fit the rear with no problems as far as i can tell,

This is not true. They will rub the leaf springs. My 15x8 +0 wheels were only about 3mm away from the leaf spring. 

well that is an appreciable mindset (more money towards tires.)

im going to assume your stock brakes are drums? and as we know, the flat face of drums can clear more wheels than a (sometimes) larger rotor

with an off set caliper... however in rare occasions some wheels (because of inner face design) wont even clear stock (drum) brakes.

my personal example is these 15x7 -11 volks

tumblr_m6uswzQ52w1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

I will be using stock B210 brakes, and Coilovers up front (If it matters, T3 LCA's, TC rods, and outer steering rods will be used as well).  I think I will need a spacer up front as they will be .9" closer to the suspension, My best guess is 15mm, but im not entirely sure..... 

At most, I'd bet a 10mm spacer to keep from rubbing the strut. Again, a 15x8 +0 would be better.

FYI, XXR offers a ton of wheels in a 15x8 +0 (or 15x8.25 +0). 

If you swap your stock studs out for some 2.5" long ARP studs (part #100-7708) you can add spacers until your hearts content.  :thumbup:

Okay, thank you both!  After checking with a different supplier, The XXR 532's do come in both 15x8 +0 and 15x8 +20, I had planned to run extended studs up front to run the spacers anyways, thanks for the part number!  I will be looking at the 15x8 +0 rears, and the 15x8 +20 for fronts, or even start looking at some varrstoens... 

Aren't those ARP studs a different Thread than the OEM 12x1.25?  According to summit racing they are 12x1.5

ohhh, thats why i didnt end up using arp studs!

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46137-new-wheels-but-questions-about-wheel-studs/

heres another thread in which this topic was discussed.

So these....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sag-991009/overview/

they are:

superior axle and gear Part # 991009

12mm x 1.5

2.05" long

and a knurl of .493" or 12.522mm

or

http://www.altra9.com.au/axle_components-australia.html

Part number: A9-09-001

12mm x 1.5

1.77" long

.495" knurl or 12.57mm

Front and rear use different studs (front: 13.0 mm knurl, rear: 12.56 mm knurl), so you'll need different studs.

FWIW, I've used those same ARP studs in the front and rear of every kind of Datsun sedan/coupe/wagon made after 1968. I've never encountered two different sized studs on one car. 

Your mileage may vary.

The studs are the same size, but the knurl where it bites into the hub are different. If you look closely the head is a different shape too.

Good to know you can use rears on fronts and vice-versa, I didn't know if they would work.

I guess if what you say is true, half a millimeter isn't enough to make a difference. They always slide right in with no fuss.    :thumbup: