1968 Datsun 510 4-door stock $5000

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm parting ways with my 1968 Datsun 510 4-door. It's white with about 78k miles (not sure if it's lapped 100k at some point in its life but there are no major engine problems). I installed a new radiator and serviced the brakes to use it as my daily drive from a while until I got a new car. The rear drums are binding a bit right now so I need to adjust them soon. The last time I had it serviced the mechanic said it needs a new u-joint because there is a little play in the drive shaft. Another issue i've been having is when i've been driving for a while and everything is warm, it sometimes doesn't want to easily come out of gear so I have to push it out with a little force. I'm sure the mechanic can fix those issues being that they're not major. I recently purchased a new dash cover (no installed yet), and started the restoration of the interior. I installed new interior and exterior squeegees on all 4 doors. The interior is black (all stock). The car is 95% 1968, and over time the previous owner put in a few things that weren't 1968 like 1969 seats with head-rests. For those of you who don't know the 1968 Datsun 510's, the parts are HARD to find and it's nearly impossibly to find a 1968 like this one, or it would cost you a lot of money to get a beater up to this point. It's has the stock dash clock (rare) and all of the knobs for the lights, wipers, and heater are there and they work. The interior looks worse that it is. It need a new carpet and I took off the 2 kick-panels to make new ones which I should wrap up soon. The speakers were attached to the kick-panels so they are not hooked up right now. I've been driving it around all day and the only issues I'm finding are the ones I've noted above. I had it in storage for the past 4 years and just brought it down from up north to sell it. As everyone knows these cars are projects and this would be a great start and very realistic. The car is registered as a 69 (i'm guessing it was sold in 69) but all of the signs are there for it being a 68: trim exclusive on 68 like steering wheel, rear tail lights, no rear side markers, grill and light bezel, etc. Very knowledgeable Datsun enthusiasts have confirmed that it's a 68, plus anyone doubtful can cross-check the vin number and find out.

It took me a long time to find a stock 1968 Datsun 510. I found that a lot of guys would take them apart, improperly swap in an engine and suspension and half-ass the job and leave you scratching your head trying to figure out where to start. Plus a lot of Datsuns look like crap after people get done with them of when they get half-way done with them. I wanted a good start and a good start comes from a stock car where you won't run into any surprises. You can look in the repair manual everything matches up on the car. My intention was to swap in a KA, upgrade the suspension and brakes, but I never got around to it.

I'm firm on the price because I know it's a good deal for the person looking for a 1968 project. The body is straight with just a few dings VERY minimal rust. Please email me with any questions or to arrange a time to see it. I'm willing to wait for the right person to sell it to to get the price I'm asking. Cash only please.

Thanks-

Ben

(818) 618-6384

3G23N33H85Gc5U55Mdcc1dc18f9434d451ba0.jpg

3E63H43la5G15Ec5Hecc1699fd674a3261d19.jpg

3M43Lb3H85Gd5F85H2cc14792fc1a1f1a161c.jpg

3Gb3F73Ne5V45H95M9cc1c867f3245c681a2b.jpg

3K23Ic3H25L55Z15Jfcc17c49f0022f471b98.jpg

3k83F93N65G85Ea5Hecc1c3e080ad27881ca6.jpg

3K73Fd3l15G95H15Jacc1a95de5eb328d1824.jpg

3G73F63La5L35N15Q1cc1e77c9d53126712c5.jpg

That's a nice 68!!! ... :cool:

I don't agree on the price.

For 5K, I would like to have it driven home and not towed.

Is seller in this forum?

I'm already trying to figure out which Datsun to sell.

One of the worst For Sale ads ever. Dumping a craigskist here is about as lazy as you can get. This is a $0.02 ad for a $5,000 car??? You have to be kidding right.

Take it down and put some effort into it.

Hey guys. I'm still selling my 68 510 and appologies for putting the "$0.02" Craigslist link up. I'm just familiarizing myself with this site. Anyway, I've dropped the price a bit and the car is driving great now. The brakes were binding in the rear and the alternator failed so I put a new alternator, rebuilt the rear brakes, and a new u-joint.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.