the cookie monster

ssnapz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now after the dramatic pause, actully i had the first post one sentence from being done and got a phone call that made me loose it all so i kept it short and wait till today to start it

so i bought my truck 3 years ago. a gutless pos that ran lean and desieled every time i shut it off. then i blew the head gasket, with 240k i decided a full rebuild would be best. so i called rebello racing and asked about options cause stock is no fun. after the list of stuff i could do with the amount of hp i could see. i relized i didnt have the money yet. so i put a bottle of blue devil in to get me by till i could come up with money.

know that the truck ran again, i decide to start looking for power for little to no money. so i disconnected all the smog equipment and gutted the bbq grill under the carb. while the carb was off i tried finding a way to fatten it up. with no luck i removed the vacuum pod for the secondary and made mechanical linkage. after the first dive i realized i drove this truck for a year without the secondary ever opening, what a differance.

next mod, i bought a 350cfm holley from a buddy for $20, and an adapter for $20. cured my lean problem and got more power. that is until the carb failed and leaned out and melted the motor

this happened as im opening my shop so i have no money and need my truck. i found a used motor for $200. so i bought all the should change parts to go with the motor. got it running to find out i should of done the timing chain. "oh well ill do it when i get a cam".

i now decided i want a header, not willing to pay 170 for a junky pace setter i built my own. i then gave my old cam to the local machine shop with instructions of as big as possible. he called me when he got it back so i go pick it up and ask him how much. he told me i owe him a few smogs, as i love to barter i told him no problem. now with a new cam and timing kit. i need possie. installed my lincoln locker and went for a test drive. she got her name that day when my buddy said those are the best cookies ive ever seen.

since i cant work the pics heres my album. http://i1301.photobu...4/Louie_McNally

last saturday i got tired of my truck looking like a lawnmower belonged in the bed so i did a $40 rattle can paint job.

nexts step i have to finish my mazda so i can have wheels while i do the turbo set up and 300zx rear supinsion if money allows

since i cant work the pics heres my album. http://i1301.photobu...4/Louie_McNally

The link doesn't work.

You do know that you can edit your posts to remove failed posts like the pictures? Rather that making a post for every sentence try putting them together. I did this for your seven posts above...

now after the dramatic pause, actully i had the first post one sentence from being done and got a phone call that made me loose it all so i kept it short and wait till today to start it

so i bought my truck 3 years ago. a gutless pos that ran lean and desieled every time i shut it off. then i blew the head gasket, with 240k i decided a full rebuild would be best. so i called rebello racing and asked about options cause stock is no fun. after the list of stuff i could do with the amount of hp i could see. i relized i didnt have the money yet. so i put a bottle of blue devil in to get me by till i could come up with money.

know that the truck ran again, i decide to start looking for power for little to no money. so i disconnected all the smog equipment and gutted the bbq grill under the carb. while the carb was off i tried finding a way to fatten it up. with no luck i removed the vacuum pod for the secondary and made mechanical linkage. after the first dive i realized i drove this truck for a year without the secondary ever opening, what a differance.

next mod, i bought a 350cfm holley from a buddy for $20, and an adapter for $20. cured my lean problem and got more power. that is until the carb failed and leaned out and melted the motor

this happened as im opening my shop so i have no money and need my truck. i found a used motor for $200. so i bought all the should change parts to go with the motor. got it running to find out i should of done the timing chain. "oh well ill do it when i get a cam".

i now decided i want a header, not willing to pay 170 for a junky pace setter i built my own. i then gave my old cam to the local machine shop with instructions of as big as possible. he called me when he got it back so i go pick it up and ask him how much. he told me i owe him a few smogs, as i love to barter i told him no problem. now with a new cam and timing kit. i need possie. installed my lincoln locker and went for a test drive. she got her name that day when my buddy said those are the best cookies ive ever seen.

oh yeah, with all the pic problems i forgot to mention i snaped an axle tonight. since i need a yota rear for the mazda, i will try to put the mazda in the nissan. if it works ot will be fun since its 444 gears. so for now i have a left wheel drive 720.

got to work this morning, jacked up the truck to find i have an open diff again. dont know how, i put 8 welds, one at every contact point of the spider gears. some how every weld broke and the gears still function. ill get gear oil monday so i can pull the diff and see what happened. if the carriers ok ill weldit back up, useing my buddys 220 instead of my 110 i used the first time. if its to bad ill fab the mazda diff in and maybe 3 link it

so i popped the new one monday night. was a late night putting it together and got sloppy on my welds. pulled it apart yesterday and got it back together as a left wheel drive for now. time to start designing my 3 link and put the mazda diff in. also got the dual plugs hooked back up, what a differance it made. started a round light conversion too, looks way more agressive now. more pics soon

• 2 months later...

So I have an update, got my new rear end in. 4.44 welded Mazda diff. Still need to put the bed back on, other then traction I love it. Kept up with a Porsche suv light to light loosing traction every shift. Bed back on and possibly sticky tire I could've took it.